1. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
The material on this website is © 2003-05 Engineers Without Borders Australia. This website is owned and operated by EWB, and content is protected by Australian and International copyright and trademark laws.
2. INFORMATION FOR PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
Information contained on this Site is for personal use only and may not be sold or redistributed. You may, using an industry-standard Web browser, download material from this Site for your personal, non-commercial use only, strictly on the condition that you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices and all advertisements.
3. PASSWORD PROTECTED ACCESS
Password protected access is given to members and administration. Access and permissions are outlined in the EWB Website Guide.
While the administrators and moderators of this website and forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every post. Therefore users agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to a user being immediately and permanently banned. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. The webmaster or administrator have the right to remove, edit, move, delete or close any information at any time should they see fit.
Users agree to any information entered being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster or administrator cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
4. DATA DISTRIBUTION AND STATEMENT OF LIABILITY
EWB shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained within this web site. These data and related graphics are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such.
The information contained in these data is dynamic and will change over time. EWB gives no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of these data. It is the responsibility of the data user to use the data appropriately and consistent within these limitations. Although these data have been processed successfully on a computer system at EWB, no warranty expressed or implied is made regarding the utility of the data on another system or for general or scientific purposes, nor shall the act of distribution constitute any such warranty. This disclaimer applies both to individual use of the data and aggregate use with other data.
5. USE WITH PERMISSION
To obtain permission to reproduce the information (text or graphics) contained on the EWB web site for any commercial purpose, email the specifics of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. LINKING TO THE EWB WEB SITE
The EWB Web site does not enter into reciprocal link agreements. We provide links to sites that are appropriate to our mission. Our creation of a link to your site does not obligate you to provide a link back to us, but you are, of course, welcome to do so.
What you can do:
You do not need to get advance permission to link to the EWB web site if you are making a simple link to the EWB homepage. Linking to an EWB site or page is permitted under limited conditions. If you link to our site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light.
We reserve the right to change page names/addresses at any time without notice, so it is up to you to continuously verify your links to our pages.
What you should not do:
- Please do not capture our pages within your frames, or use other visual altering tools, or otherwise present our content as your own. Any link to our site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to our site unencumbered.
- The BACK button should return the visitor to your site if the visitor wishes to back out.
- You should not link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers. Such an action may be considered a misuse of EWB resources.
- You may not imply that EWB is endorsing your product or services.
- If you link to this site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light.
7. EWB LINKS TO OTHER SITES
EWB provides links to the following types of organisations:
- Links to Governmental Units & Educational Institutions - EWB provides links to federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information that users of EWB's site may find of interest. Links are also provided to educational institutions.
- Links to Private Organisations - EWB provides links to private organisations if these organisations offer services that complement the information or services offered by EWB. The determination of whether to establish links to a private organisation's website is made on a case-by-case basis by the EWB Director.
- Links to Non-Profit Organisations - EWB provides links to non-profit organisations that users of EWB's site may find of interest. The determination of whether to establish links to a private organisation's website is made on a case-by-case basis by the EWB Director.
8. NO GUARANTEES AS TO THE SERVICE
EWB does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected. You also understand that EWB cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
9. OUR RIGHTS TO USE INFORMATION YOU SEND US
EWB welcomes ideas and feedback from you about all aspects of the Site. You agree that EWB may reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, and publicly display any materials and other information (including ideas for new or improved products and services) that you submit to any public areas of the Site or by email to EWB. (Please read our privacy statement for more information.)
10. THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
EWB has provided links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Third party services and products advertised on this website are the responsibility of the third party and their inclusion on this website does not imply endorsement by EWB. EWB will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information or third party service provided.
11. ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS FOR USERS WITH DISABILITIES
We are pleased to provide an alternative medium for accessing information about our programs and services. If you have any suggestions for improving the accessibility features of our web site, please contact EWB Support.
12. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USERS WITH VISUAL DISABILITIES
The EWB web site has been designed to be used with a screen reader. For instance, images on our web site are accompanied by a word image tag that may be visible if your browser supports the alt-text function.
13. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM INTERACTIVE FORMS
On some of our Site pages we offer interactive forms that let you voluntarily submit personal information (such as your e-mail address, name, or organisation). This occurs when you are registering for membership, conferences, or merchandise offered by EWB. In those cases, all submitted information is used only for the expressed purposes for which it is intended and is not made available to any third party.
For security purposes and to make sure this service remains available to all users, we use special software programs for monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this computer system. These programs collect no information that would directly identify individuals, but they do collect information that could help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this Web site.
If you use this system, you should understand that all activities may be monitored and recorded. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring. WARNING -- If such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, monitoring records may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Except for authorised law enforcement investigations, we make no other attempts to identify individual users or their usage habits. We only use raw monitoring data logs for determining trends in usage patterns and in diagnosing system problems.
15. LINK FESTIVAL
For Link Festival ticket purchases you agree that EWB may cancel your registration for an EWB event and or refuse your access to this website at any time at its sole discretion.