This Policy relates to the collection, storage, use or disclosure of personal information (in accordance with the National Privacy Principles under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy law).
Privacy is extremely important to EWB with the understanding that personal information is provided in confidence. This data is always used as aggregated non-personal information and is intended solely to help EWB improve and enhance its services for our stakeholders. EWB does not rent or sell this information to any third party and will only disclose information if believed that EWB has a duty to do so by law.
EWB takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When personal information is collected, EWB makes every reasonable attempt to inform individuals why information is being collected, to whom the information will be disclosed and the purposes for which the information is to be used. In general, the purposes for which EWB collects personal information include:
- to process an application to become a participant in EWB programs
- to facilitate your placement in an appropriate position
- to cover EWB liability obligations such as incident or medical reports
- to liaise with overseas partners to facilitate your placement
- to assist you with services while you are placed in an EWB program
- to provide feedback and follow up on your involvement
- to obtain feedback from you about your EWB experiences
- to process a donation, sponsorship or other financial support
- to process your membership to EWB
- to allow EWB to review and improve programs and procedures
to keep you informed of EWB developments and services and events.
STORAGE & SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Every effort is made to ensure the security of the EWB system. Any information which EWB holds is stored (whether electronic or in hard copy) on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
In addition, EWB employees and the contractors who provide services related to EWB's information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by EWB. However, EWB will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
EWB uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments. Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by EWB or any outside party.
All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate. For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
HOW TO CONTACT US
Telephone: +61 (0)3 8582 1866
Post: PO Box 708, North Melbourne VIC 3051
EWB reserves the right to change its privacy statement at any time and notify you by posting a revised version on the website.